As a Trainee Pork Butcher working at Waterall’s Moor Market Shop, you’ll be learning one of the oldest crafts in the world. We provide an exceptional level of training and support, to give you all the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed for your rewarding career in the butchery/Deli field.
We offer the opportunity for a permanent full-time role upon successful completion of the training.
We have a proud heritage which is reflected in the superior quality of our produce, and our investment in people.
Responsibilities and Duties
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be trained in a range of techniques to enable you to work on our busy shop and meet our consistently high standards.
Daily duties will include:
- Preparing meat and other goods for display
- Learning about the supply chain, processing, retail, and all elements of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety requirements
- Developing customer service skills
- Learning all the necessary knife skills to produce quality cuts
- Hours will be spread over 5 days per week with an early 6am start
Qualifications and Skills
What we’re looking for
You’ll be enthusiastic about butchery with a desire to learn in addition to this we’re looking for:
- A natural drive to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Dexterous with good hand-eye coordination
- Able to follow instructions and procedures accurately and consistently at all times
- Work well in a team and surrounding teams
- Possess good Numeracy skills and ability to be punctual
What we can offer you
- Pay is at the national minimum wage appropriate to age
- Total on the job training and support
- 28 days holiday (inc Bank Holidays)
If you’re looking for a highly skilled profession with excellent long-term career benefits, then don’t hesitate. Apply by dropping your CV down at our Moor Market shop (Stall 26/27).
Job Type: Trainee