Make the most of Jersey Royals while they’re in season with these fabulous recipes. A simple oven bake – and we always go for the Waterall Premium Pork option when eating sausages…
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 600g (1lb 5oz) Jersey Royal new potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled) and cut in half lengthways
- 8 large Waterall Premium Pork sausages
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- ½ a red pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 10 large sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 200g (7oz) cherry tomatoes
- 150g (5½oz) asparagus
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Cook the Jersey Royals in a medium pan of salted water for 8-10 minutes until just tender. Place the sausages in a large roasting tin with the olive oil and roast for 10 minutes.
Drain the Jersey Royals, and add to the roasting tin with the remaining ingredients, excluding the tomatoes and asparagus. Mix well together and roast for 25 minutes until the vegetables are slightly caramelised around the edges, stirring occasionally.
Scatter over the tomatoes and asparagus, mix well and roast for a further 10 minutes until the sausages are golden and cooked through. Serve hot with crusty bread and mustard.